We are currently looking to recruit a Tax lawyer from 5 years PQE to join our Tax Team in Luxembourg.
About the Firm
Pinsent Masons is a global 100 law firm, with over 3,400 employees and operating out of 26 locations across Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. We have a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in a deep understanding of the sectors and geographies in which our clients operate. Our global reach ensures that we are well-placed to advise on complex multi-jurisdictional matters across a full range of legal disciplines.
The firm has significant international credentials in the financial services, energy, infrastructure, real estate, and advanced manufacturing and technology sectors. Services provided across these sectors include asset management and investment funds, corporate and M&A, commercial, competition, litigation and arbitration, banking, restructuring, insurance, regulatory, construction, projects, pensions, property, planning and environmental, procurement, outsourcing, employment, share plans and incentives, technology and tax advice.
We aim to promote progress and change so that our business can work better for people. Pinsent Masons has embedded a range of diversity & inclusion initiatives to create an environment in which it’s people can flourish. We operate an agile working scheme, which offers staff flexibility in terms of where they work.
We stand out for our innovative approach to service delivery. For example, the firm has developed a number of in-house legal technology & project management solutions, operates a hub of freelance lawyers, called Vario, and a global Diversity and Inclusion consultancy, Brook Graham.
Put simply, we offer a range of professional disciplines to our clients, enabled by our people, process and technology.
Pinsent Masons has achieved more tier 1 rankings in The Legal 500 UK guide than any other firm, won the "Law Firm of the Year Award 2019 – Legal Business" for the second time and is recognised among the most innovative law firms in Europe by the Financial Times. Pinsent Masons was also named Law Firm of the Year 2018 by The Lawyer, and is ranked No 1 on the UK Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2019.
• You have completed the Cours Complémentaires de Droit Luxembourgeois and are registered to the bar of Luxembourg;
• You have minimum of 5 plus years’ experience in a Big Four or a law firm;
• You have specific experience in international taxation and Fund structuring arrangements;
• You have a Degree in Law, Accounting, Business Administration or similar qualification;
• You have strong organizational and communication skills;
• You pay High attention to detail;
• You are fluent in French, English and German, Luxembourgish would be an asset.
• You will provide general pan European structuring support to our clients;
• You will provide structuring support in the context of funds with Luxembourg presence and holding platforms;
• You will monitor European regulatory and tax changes and impact on structures through Luxembourg;
• You will be in charge of Tax and structuring matters, Luxembourg structural tax compliance and maintenance, Tax and VAT compliance coordination and reviews;
• You will work with Fund Teams and Legal Teams to determine and implement optimal structuring for each investment, reorganization or divestment execution;
• You will monitor structures on a regular basis to ensure continued appropriateness;
• You will work and support the Management to determine and implement optimal structuring for each investment;
• You will undertake research on technical tax aspects to advise our clients;
• You will be direct involved in tailored tax structuring for multinational corporates, investment funds, and financial institutions;
• You will work closely with other departments (cross-practice) and offices (cross-border) ;
• You will train and manage junior lawyers.
What will we offer you?
• An attractive salary package;
• A dynamic and friendly work place;
• We are a market leading, dynamic and growing global team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients;
• We invest in our team and have a first class training and career development programme.
Our training reflects our position as a market leader in communications and sourcing. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best of breed" services;
• Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
Should you require further details, please contact our local HR Manager Catherine De Rosa who can discuss the role and requirements
If you are interested in this position, please send your application to Catherine de Rosa, HR Manager, [email protected]. All application will be treated strictly confidentially.