We are currently looking to recruit a litigation lawyer from 3-4 years PQE to join our Risk Advisory Services, Litigation, regulatory and tax (LRT) Team in Luxembourg, as Associate.
About the Firm
Pinsent Masons is a global 100 law firm, with over 3,500 employees and operating out of 28 locations across Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. We have a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in a deep understanding of the sectors and geographies in which our clients operate. Our global reach ensures that we are well-placed to advise on complex multi-jurisdictional matters across a full range of legal disciplines.
The firm has significant international credentials in the financial services, energy, infrastructure, real estate, and advanced manufacturing and technology sectors. Services provided across these sectors include asset management and investment funds, corporate and M&A, commercial, competition, litigation and arbitration, banking, restructuring, insurance, regulatory, construction, projects, pensions, property, planning and environmental, procurement, outsourcing, employment, share plans and incentives, technology and tax advice.
We aim to promote progress and change so that our business can work better for people. Pinsent Masons has embedded a range of diversity & inclusion initiatives to create an environment in which it’s people can flourish. We operate an agile working scheme, which offers staff flexibility in terms of where they work.
We stand out for our innovative approach to service delivery. For example, the firm has developed a number of in-house legal technology & project management solutions, operates a hub of freelance lawyers, called Vario, and a global Diversity and Inclusion consultancy, Brook Graham. Put simply, we offer a range of professional disciplines to our clients, enabled by our people, process and technology.
Pinsent Masons is ranked as the firm with the highest number of Tier 1 rankings and more rankings overall than any other firm (Legal 500 EMEA, 2022).
In addition, we are also proud to be ranked as:
· Top 10 company (Stonewall’s Top 100 Employers 2022),
· Best Tax Disputes and Investigations Team (Tolley’s Taxation Awards 2022),
· Sustainable Business of Law (Financial Times Innovative Lawyers Award Europe 2022),
· Diversity & Inclusion Firm of the Year (Legal 500 Northern Powerhouse Awards 2023),
· Most Innovative Law Firm in Europe (Financial Times Innovative Lawyers Awards Europe 2020),
· Top Global Employer (LGBTQ+ charity Stonewall in its Global Workplace Equality Index 2022).
The successful candidate will ideally be 4 years of experience lawyer having trained in either a top tier Luxembourg firm or international firm and the individual will have an ambition to support the growth and development of our Luxembourg LRT Team, as part of a global offering.
The role will involve ensuring the best defense of the Clients, through sound legal advice, the implementation of a litigation strategy, a pre-litigation and litigation activity focused on financial services, without forgetting ADR and arbitration. The successful candidate will also have experience in administrative and criminal litigation and will work closely with corporate, fund and banking colleagues.
Candidates will have a strong academic background, especially in proceedings, and an outgoing personality. Candidates must be technically excellent but equally important, commercially aware. They will also be team players with excellent communication skills.
As well as having the experience mentioned above, the candidate should:
· Be registered to the bar of Luxembourg on list I, after having successfully completed the Complementary Courses in Luxembourg Law.
· Have at least 3-4 years’ experience in litigation law in Luxembourg.
· Be fluent in French and English, German and Luxembourgish would be an asset.
· Have a master’s degree in private law.
· Wish to join a dynamic law firm in the field of litigation, and more precisely in civil law, commercial law, banking and financial law.
· Be capable of delivering high quality work.
· Be dynamic, creative and a team player.
· Work in a reactive and autonomous manner.
· Management of litigation files.
· Drafting submissions, legal opinions, and contracts.
· Represent and defend clients’ interests before the courts.
· Carry out legal research.
· Contribute to the expertise and development of our database and share it.
· Acquire real long-term career prospects supported by our “best in class” training and personal development programs at the Academy.
· Writing articles and contributing to conferences.
· Join the team of Dr. Eric Perru, Partner - Avocat à la Cour.
What will we offer you?
· An attractive salary package.
· A dynamic and friendly workplace.
· We are a market leading, dynamic, and growing global team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
· We invest in our team and have a first-class training and career development program. Our training reflects our position as a market leader in communications and sourcing. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best of breed" services.
Should you require further details, please contact our local HR Manager Catherine de Rosa who can discuss the role and requirements.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application to Catherine de Rosa, HR Manager, [email protected]. All application will be treated strictly confidentially.