We are currently looking for a Compliance Analyst (CA) (with particular emphasis on Luxembourg and other mainland Europe jurisdictions)
About the Firm
Pinsent Masons is a global 100 law firm, with over 3,400 employees and operating out of 26 locations across Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. We have a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in a deep understanding of the sectors and geographies in which our clients operate. Our global reach ensures that we are well-placed to advise on complex multi-jurisdictional matters across a full range of legal disciplines.
The firm has significant international credentials in the financial services, energy, infrastructure, real estate, and advanced manufacturing and technology sectors. Services provided across these sectors include asset management and investment funds, corporate and M&A, commercial, competition, litigation and arbitration, banking, restructuring, insurance, regulatory, construction, projects, pensions, property, planning and environmental, procurement, outsourcing, employment, share plans and incentives, technology and tax advice.
We aim to promote progress and change so that our business can work better for people. Pinsent Masons has embedded a range of diversity & inclusion initiatives to create an environment in which it’s people can flourish. We operate an agile working scheme, which offers staff flexibility in terms of where they work.
Pinsent Masons has achieved more tier 1 rankings in The Legal 500 UK guide than any other firm, won the "Law Firm of the Year Award 2019 – Legal Business" for the second time and is recognised among the most innovative law firms in Europe by the Financial Times. Pinsent Masons was also named Law Firm of the Year 2018 by The Lawyer, and is ranked No 1 on the UK Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2019.
You have at least 4 years of experience in compliance environment
You have strong organizational and communication skills.
You have ability to handle conflicting demands and/or challenging pressures for resources.
You are approachable and adaptable.
You are flexible in attitude and working hours.
You are fluent in French and English other(s) languages would be an asset.
Reporting to Head of Intake and Senior Compliance Manager (Lux) Key Responsibilities: include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting in the processing of new business intake for both clients and matters. This will include:
Checking and verifying information provided by fee earners, PAs and Assistants
Carrying out conflict searches to include processing requests, analysing results and liaising with the Conflicts Investigations Team to resolve any potential conflicts
Carrying out money laundering checks to ensure that the firm complies with its obligations under anti- money laundering legislation and the firm's anti-money laundering policy and liaising with the firm's Senior AML Advisor and/or Money Laundering Reporting Officer including research on clients and beneficial owners both in the UK and internationally, gathering supporting documentation across various UK and overseas databases, analysing complex corporates structures and offshore entities, undertaking risk reviews in accordance with the firm's current risk procedures, running and reviewing WorldCheck searches and reporting any misleading or fraudulent activity to the Risk Partners
- Managing the work-flow for Milton requests to ensure service delivery levels are maintained across all UK and international offices
- Reviewing and maintaining user guides, working practice manuals and other supporting documentation to include drafting of any new manuals required
- Supporting junior Team members and providing on the job training where necessary
- Dealing with enquiries from fee earners, PAs/Assistants and other support staff
- Training fee-earners and PAs on Milton, anti-money laundering, business intelligence
- Building, maintaining and assisting members across the Intake Team to strike up a good rapport with fee earners, PAs/Assistants and Support Services to enhance the profile of the team and deliver excellent customer service
- Acquiring a good understanding of the systems used for new business intake and conflict checking and liaising with internal and external stakeholders in particular as we go through the risk programme and then assisting with implementation of Milton 2
- Taking a proactive role for systems improvements and efficiencies
- Being a point of contact for systems queries in the team and offering training as appropriate
- Acting as a point of contact for junior members of the team
- An SCA should at all times be a role model for junior members of the team, reflecting the firm's Values (Approachable, Bold, Connected) and Purpose.
What will we offer you?
An attractive salary package;
A dynamic and friendly work place;
We are a market leading, dynamic and growing global team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients;
We invest in our team and have a first class training and career development programme.
Our training reflects our position as a market leader in communications and sourcing. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best of breed" services;
Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
Should you require further details, please contact our local HR Manager Catherine De Rosa who can discuss the role and requirements
If you are interested in this position, please send your application to Catherine de Rosa, HR Manager, [email protected]. All application will be treated strictly confidentially.