Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here .
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Following a successful entrance into the Luxembourg market almost two years ago, our Luxembourg office continues to grow. We are looking to hire a junior tax lawyer to join our Luxembourg office.
The department forms part of the firm’s Strategic Advisory Division and advises on a wide range of general corporate and commercial tax matters, both domestic and cross-border. Tax litigation and advice to HNWI and family offices are also an important part of the department's practice.
Reflecting the firm’s key practice strengths and diverse client base, our work has a particular focus on:
- Real estate, acting for developers, financiers and investors;
- Funds, acting for investors, sponsors and management teams across all asset classes;
- Corporate, from listed company work to private equity;
- Infrastructure and oil and gas; and
- Financial transactions, including derivatives, structured products, note programmes, all types of loan transactions and restructurings.
A substantial part of our business involves supporting and working with other practice areas across the firm but an increasing proportion is standalone advisory work, including contentious and tax litigation matters.
We form part of the firm’s international tax practice with expertise in the US, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Spain and Australia.
We pride ourselves on having a wide and general tax practice and on being adaptable, pragmatic and constructive.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic junior tax lawyer to join a collegiate and growing team offering high quality tax work across a broad range of practice areas and excellent career development and responsibility. We are looking for an individual that is eager to learn and has the ability to adapt and work on a variety of matters and clients.
Essential skills and experience:
The successful candidate will be a Luxembourg or EU qualified lawyer, with tax background and ideally 1 or 2 years of experience in the tax department of a law firm. Candidates currently taking their bar exams are also welcome.
Good knowledge of Luxembourg tax law;
Enthusiasm for the subject area, proactive, organised, rigorous, dynamic and enjoys working in a team;
Excellent drafting and analytical skills;
Capacity to write and to deliver advice in English and in French (German would be nice to have);
Dedicated to understanding clients' needs and delivering a first class service;
Understanding the industries and the commercial challenges and opportunities in which our clients operate.
What we can offer:
- A complete training
- The possibility to be involved and to work on all aspects of the transactions, to participate in meetings, to write articles and give presentations, etc under the supervision of the team leaders
- The possibility to work with a very experienced and close-knit team
- The possibility to progress internally in a department and an office that is in a growing phase
- Working in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
An established Career Path Framework is in place clearly defining expectations and outlining opportunities for promotion.
Apply now: Here