MUFG Lux Management Company S.A. (“MUFGLM” or “Management Company”) is the management company of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group in Europe.
MUFGLM have authorisation for managing both UCITS and AIFM).
MUFGLM as of end 2018, manages around USD 22 bln of assets within approx. 140 Alternative investment and UCITS funds (EU and non-EU structures), being one of the biggest Alternative Investment Fund Manager (“AIFM”) in Luxembourg.
MUFGLM approach is to provide to third party fund promoter “one stop shop” solution in combination with services offered by Mitsubishi UFJ Investor Services & Banking (Luxembourg) S.A. and other entities within MUFG’s group.
As Investment Fund Legal Officer, your principal tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Assist the Conducting Officer in charge of Legal, Tax and International Registration in ensuring the proper implementation of applicable laws and regulations;
- Prepare, review and negotiate Investment fund legal documents;
- Assist to the Managing Director and the Conducting Officers with all legal matters, which will include:
- Identification of legal risks;
- Review and update of existing contracts / agreements;
- Drafting of letters to external counterparts;
- Assist in ad-hoc Legal and Tax projects, where appropriate;
- Assessing the impact of regulatory changes on the current services by gathering the latest information/interpretations related to local laws and regulations in Luxembourg;
- Assist in corporate secretary activities (minutes of Board meetings, Senior Management meetings…);
- Provide support in international registration matters, if required.
- You hold a minimum of a Master degree in Law;
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a Legal Officer within a Management Company or a Central Administration based in Luxembourg;
- You have thorough knowledge of Luxembourg investment funds legal and regulatory environment, especially on UCITS IV and AIFM Directive;
- You are PC literate;
- You are a pro-active team player with the ability to work independently;
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and oral and able to communicate at all levels;
- You speak fluently English, both written and spoken;
- You have strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
If you are interested in taking up this opportunity, please send your application letter with detailed curriculum vitae and a photo to:
MUFG Lux Management Company S.A.
Attention: Human Resources Department
287-289, Route d’Arlon
Please be aware that in accordance with the law of July 23rd, 2016 the selected candidate will be requested to provide a criminal record (section 3).